Monday, July 7, 2008

First Birthday

My baby is all grown up! He turned one on July 1st. It is crazy...the year flew by. (I know all mom's say that, but it is SO true.) We had a little shin-dig for him over in New Mexico with my mom's side family. When he opened up this bike he started bouncing up and down. It was SO funny, he was so excited. It's like he's been dreaming about it for forever! Thanks Nanna and Grandpa Reidhead! He loves his new push bike thing.We also had another party when we got to Heber. We did a joint party with Beau and Shaunalee's boy, Kaleb. There were SO many kids there. Brody got a LITTLE banged up from a couple falls down the stairs. If you think he looks bad, you should see the stairs...Kaleb loved hat and he was so calm the whole time....isn't he SOOOOO cute? Brody on the other hand was not loving the hat....or the cake...or the singin...or the people. He just wanted to eat Cheetos. BACK OFF PEOPLE!! ha ha. Blowing out the candles. Brody didn't really understand. He thought the flame was cool though. My SIL Heather made the cakes and Aaron decorated them. Aren't they SO awesome? I loved them. There is NO way I could have done anything nearly that cute. Aaron did it all freehand too.Brody and Kaleb and all the other little rug rats opening presents. There are a TON of Porter kids. They were everywhere.Check out that fisherman hat and that chubby belly!! Thanks to everyone for the presents and the birthday shout outs. I really can't believe he is one. That is just nuts. He has brought so much joy into our lives and we just love our little budah man. He's awesome!
Oh and I have like a million more pictures to post. Hopefully I'll get them all up sometime.

8 comments:

Caitlin said...

How cute are those cakes Tara. Isn't it sad when they get old. I hate it. He sure looked real cute on his birthday though.

Jamilyn said...

So dang cute! Wish we could've seen you more and seen little Brody. We were exhausted by the time the Fireworks got over on Saturday. Hope you had a fun trip. Love you

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

What a cute lil birthday boy. Thank you SO much for coming to see me for a few while we were in SL. It just made me miss you more, so I will for sure be coming to UT soon:) That way I can visit my sisters and you all in one shot. What fun!!

Corie and Kevin said...

Hey! It was awesome to see you guys, Brody is such a little stud! Don't worry I am such a blog stalker too!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!! He is SO cute!! I got a REALLY cute picture of him that I am going to post with my Ruidoso post. And I LOVE those cakes!! What a creative sil you have! I loved that they were so original!

Addie Gaylord said...

Tara,
It was so fun to see you for two whole seconds at the parade. That Brody of yours is adorable. Are you guys home yet or are you still in Az? We seriously all need to come up with a date when we can all get together. We should all meet somewhere for a few days and just hang out. I seriously miss everyone so much. What do you think?
Happy birthday to the Brodster! He is a doll baby.

The Baum Squad said...

Happy birthday Brody! I'd say by the looks of him the stairs won that round. Oh, well maybe next trip. Do you guys get to hang out in AZ for awhile? I saw Rustin in the photo...is here for awhile? Do you HAVE to watch the Heber fireworks every year like me and watch Trace hug all his old flames? Good times in Heber. Always.

BTW...your family photo is so cute...not ghetto.

Jaime Stephens said...

Yeah for Brody and his birthday!!! We are sad we couldn't get the a few days early and go to the party harty but we will party like it's July 1st here very soon... His so cute and I love his cake.. I also like your new blog look and the picture but what makes me sad about it is that I think you were redesigning instead of hanging out with me tonight...