AUGUST 30th...4 years ago...Trace and I were dating.
I lived in Mesa. He lived in Heber.
It was 22nd birthday and I was supposed to drive up to Payson to meet him for dinner.
Just as I was getting out of the shower I heard a knock on the door.
I hurried and got dressed and went to see who was there.
IT WAS TRACE....and he was holding 2 dozen red roses and a card.
the card read:
Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
Good hell if I didn't drive all the way to Mesa
Just to see YOU!!!
Very clever if you ask me. He has always been so sweet to me on my birthday. Dinner, dates, dogs, random trips to Flor-i-da, back rubs, and lots of spoiling.
This year was no different.
Breakfast, a HUGE shopping spree, dinner, swimming in a hot spring,...and the list goes on.
Here was breakfast (courtesy of two handsome boys)...

Oh and my poor little buddy fell off the porch and there was nothing that I could do to stop it. So sad.
So there is his official FIRST shiner...poor thing. (plus this picture was taken with a phone and I think it looks worse than it actually is)
Anyway- all wounds heal, RIGHT? He'll just be wearing dark sun glasses when we go out in public.
I had a great birthday! I don't even care that I'm getting old. I'm still young at heart.
11 comments:
I'm SO glad you had a wonderful birthday. Wish we could have been there. Trace always makes it special for you. I LOVE the poem he wrote 4 years ago! :) Oh, and take care of my little Brody boy. Poor guy. It looks so painful. Hopefully it'll heal up soon. Hope you have some bandaids leftover for the next injury!!!
ouch poor kid!!!
happy birthday to you sweet cheeks! i can say that right?
i totally agree with you, age is just a number, and the only thing that matters is how old you think you are!!
Yay for pictures even tho the poor kid looks like you found him on the side of the road...like an old dog....Ace?...Claud? haha jk. Brody is still adorable. Chicks dig it! I'm glad you had a good birthday. Will you come down and make waffles and syrup please? PLEASE! I need TLC just like Brody.
"I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS!"
"NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOUR STUPID CAR DAD!"
That SNL with Will Ferrell incase you didn't know.
Oh and can I also say that you kinda look handicap in the picture of you blowing out the candles. Like you have a face that makes it look like your mocking a handicap person. Sad. And hilarious at 6 in the morning!
Happy Birthday - I hope you had a great one!!! I was telling your mother-in-law the other day what a great writer I think you are - you should write a column, you could be the next Erma - I think you're hilarious and a great story teller:)
Happy Birthday Tara! I am glad you had a great day!
Happy Birthday! I didn;t realize it was your birthday! I am SOSOSOSOSO sorry that we didn't get to hang out this weekend! We had family in town and was hard to get away. This won't be the last time you are in sin city right!?! HOpe you had a great time!
Happy Birthday! I have to say I LOVE your hair its so CUTE you look smokin hot!
Happy Birhtday!!! Hope it was a great one!!! Love the pics of you and Brody
Taralee! Happy, happy birthday! I love that story--the one about Trace in Mesa, not the one about Brody falling off the porch..so sad. oh, and I love the last pic of you and brody! so dang cute.
happy late late late birthday girly! loves to ya
Post a Comment