Thursday, August 27, 2009

our trip

Remember how I said that I was itching for a trip?
We decided around midnight on Friday that we would go to...

We packed our stuff, took a quick power nap, and hit the road at 3:30 am.

On the road we saw 10 of these...(Idaho Falls Temple- so pretty and in such a beautiful location. I love it.)

We drove around Yellowstone Park and walked around the gysers and hot spots. Lots of bubbling mud, steaming water, and aurora of a lovely rotten egg smell. One little boy, in particular, love it...

Make that TWO boys...As we were driving through the park I saw SASQUATCH...aka BIG FOOT. Seriously, I saw him...I am NOT kidding. I even slightly screamed. He was standing in the road in front of my car. IT was as BIG as my car. He was brown and had a hunch back and furry...scary beyond all reason.Ok, so maybe it was a buffalo. BUT- I literally asked Trace, in a very confused voice, "WHAT in the world IS THAT??....BIG FOOT???" I blame my stupidity on the fact that I had been up since 3...with a couple of "in-the-car power naps." Or maybe I'm just naturally that way...you decide.
either way...It was a great trip.

It was such a nice break. We got to see a LOT of trees (alive and dead). We got to see some animals. Play at the Bear Lake beach. Each some good "vacation" food. And spend some quality time as a family! I loved it.

8 comments:

Addie Gaylord said...

it is so beautiful up there isn't? and just so you know, no i don't think your always like that, cause even in that picture DANG that is for sure a big foot. look out below!!

Cody and Danica said...

rewind ten years and we were there along with the alive and dead trees and we wanted to kill dad for dragging us everywhere at 3 in the morning cuz he couldn't find a vacant hotel anywhere so we ended up in jacksonhole wyoming and mom was so pissed that night. I remember trying to fall asleep wondering if she was going to let dad live. the next day was much better...once we got her a bag of m&ms and some sleep! haha.

i'm glad you had a good time. brody is so curious about that bubbling water! I can imagine him when he saw ole faithful!

Karleen said...

Wow that is awesome we never do stuff like that. Obviously we should because we have lived here for 7 years and never gone to Yellowstone.

Caitlin said...

Fantastic Tara! You are hilarious. That buffalo was rather scary. I was only six when we went there but I can still remember it. So beautiful. You guys are mad dogs...330 am?? Way to go. Those trips are the best kind.

Tamra and Jim said...

I'm so glad you got to go on a trip. It looks like tons of fun. That buffalo is HUGE! No wonder you were a bit confused. I can already imagine Trace's reaction to your comment. hahaa Still laughing at that one...

Andrea said...

Ok, first of all, I cannot believe you aren't embarrassed to drive that dumb and dumber scooter!! haha... that is hilarious. I consider myself pretty secure with myself, but I would be laughing at myself driving that! haha... that's awesome! second, your rendition of the first day of school was awesome. silver jeans?? ha!! so funny! that was very creative. You should hand that in as an assignment of some sort one day. ANd that post from your hubby.... too cute!! Loving all the posts I've missed while I've been on blog surfing strike. :)

Brenden+Nikki said...

Oh you guys inspire me! You can still be spontaneous even with a little one! I'm glad you got to go on a nice trip together!

pete/chris whipple said...

Taralee! I wanted to wish you one of the happiest of birthdays! It's sounds as tho you had a great one! We love your mom and dad and so happy to have spent time laughing with them this past weekend!HAPPY BIRTHDAY!