Not being able to blog is like having this constant nag....alright "nagging" is a little rough of a term, but it's like having this TO-DO in the back of my mind that I just can't cross off. For so long I was a proficient blog-updater. Then student teaching took over and the only reason I wanted to get on the computer was to construct my lesson plans and then be done. I did not want or need one more ounce of internet/computer usage in my life. My blog definately got put on the back burner.
True- there are many instances that happened and I thought- that would be awesome to put on the blog. Now, those stories are forever lost to the public because I did not blog them. Sad, sad.
Anyway, life without a blog does go on.
BUT: Here I am in Pittsburgh, PA and I don't have internet yet. The only connection to the outside world (besides my phone) is coming down the the clubhouse, wrestling a two year old, and trying to email, blog, facebook, and connect to the outside once again. Needless to say- I don't make it down to the clubhouse very often. However, we are getting the internet soon. I look forward to it.
As far as PITT. Things are going well. I really enjoy being a "stay at home" mom thus far. Here are a few funny/interesting things that have happened:
1. On the third night here Brody kept saying, "I wanna go back to Utah." When we asked him why he said, "Cuz there is a TV there." :)
2. We went to Chucky Cheese the first day we were here to celebrate some birthdays...now I will never go a day without hearing, "Mommy, let's go to Chucky Cheeses."
3. Within the first 30 minutes we were here Brody managed to jump off a bed and bite through his entire bottom lip. Then the next day slammed his thumb in a door and took a big chunk of flesh off. Then the next day at the park fell off a table and scabbed his forehead...again. He kind of looked like I dragged him behind the car on the way to Pittsburgh. (I didn't.) I am constantly telling him to "be careful" but he doesn't seem to understand that concept yet.
4. His aunt Lonna let him borrow a superman cape. When he puts in on he looks like Nacho Libre...and I'm totally inclined to start speaking with a Mexican accent.
5. I graduated.
6. I thought my days would consist of reading books, lounging by the pool, and playing with Brody. (I didn't even pack a real jacket). However, I should have checked the weather channel before coming and realized that it is quite chilly here still and the pool isn't even open. My days still consist of reading...just not by the pool.
7. I am also starting to realize that I may have ADD or ADHD because I find it hard to sit still and am constantly trying to think of fun, inexpensive things to do.
That's about all I got so far. Hopefully the cable dude comes today and hooks my life back up.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
long awaited...
Posted by
Taralee
at
8:19 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
UMM HELLO! I HAVE INTERNET!!!! and Im never home! you could do it all at my house SILLY!! LONNA
So did you move to PA for good??
Glad you are getting settled. Once your lifelines are connected again it will get better. And to answer all of Brody's accidents with one word...PORTER! haha
Post a Comment