Thursday, March 6, 2008

Wild Thang...

Brody is all over the place. One of my favorite things to do now is to lay on the ground and have him crawl and wiggle all over me. I ABSOLUTELY love it.

Other things that have been going on:

Mom and Pops Porter came up for a visit over the weekend. (Just for a day.) We got to go out to dinner and then go to the BYU vs. Airforce basketball game. BYU is on a roll. They have a really good team. The best part of the whole game was the 1/2 time show when the cheerleaders came out! (Not typical for me to say that, but....just wait...I'll explain why.) Over the loud speaker the announcer says, "Please be patient while the cheerleaders and staff roll out the mats. It is a new requirement and the athletes are not allowed to tumble on hard surfaces." Ok, now I'm thinking, "whooses." So anyway, they get done with that and the music starts. About 45 seconds into the performance this one cheerleader does some sort of tumbling flip cartwheel thing and lands it short, like up on her toes....and she can't keep her balance, so WHAM...she face plants it. She doesn't use her hands or anything, just WHAMMIE...right on her face. (Trace, Brindi, and I burst into laughter....rude, yes, but it was so funny.) Then she gets up and the dance routine continues. The guy cheerleaders throw the girls around, up, down, around this way, around that way....it was pretty cool I guess. Then when this one chick was WAY high in the air, she somehow lost her footing and came crashing down. She was seriously centimeters from getting her face slammed against the mat when the guy cheerleader caught her. (Again, laughter from the Porter clan.) There were a couple other near-falls, but they somehow regain their composure. All I can say is, GOOD THING FOR THOSE MATS! Anyway, that was probably the highlight of the game. Well that and the fact that BYU won by a lot. They have the longest home winning streak out of all the college basketball teams.

Well, I was going to upload some pictures of Brody today, but I just noticed that I haven't taken any new ones lately. Weird, cause that poor kid usually has a camera in his face like 24/7.

8 comments:

Kristen said...

Nice head knock on the wall you gave him!

Taralee said...

Ya, I was wondering if anyone would notice that! Whoopsie.

Nix-N-Nax Boutique said...

haha! that is hilarious. Know that if I was there with you I probably would have been laughing as well. Remember when the cheerleaders would come to cheer at our volleyball games. Always in the way.
Ok that was horrible to say!

Caitlin said...

haha. Tara you are too funny. Sounds like a blast though. Your little guy is sooo handsome.

Cody and Danica said...

Its a good thing he's tough to handle you and trace. I'm with you...cheerleaders are really just there to make everyone laugh and feel good about themselves.

Anonymous said...

that video was so cute- he is just so adorable. Oh and I liked the head hitting the wall and you saying whoopsie. haha- he is going to be one tough kid. You need to come down here so he can toughen up madden. =)
Love you guys!
oh and the cheerleaders story was funny too

Tamra and Jim said...

yeah, you're quite the comedian. Your ABC thing was very entertaining. I didn't know you were so funny when you were growing up! And I agree, it's a good thing Brody is tough with the way you rough-house that poor kid. He didn't even pout, he just smiled at you when you bonked his head. And then you say "whoopsie?" haha very funny.

Rustino Scar said...

surprisingly, brody is turning out kind of cute I guess. jk. I saw you hit his head on the wall and I of course laughed pretty good. PTL for those pads for the cheerleaders. That is pretty dang funny. I know I would die laughing if I had been there.