Sunday, May 22, 2011

house trailer kitchen

What's more lovely than waking up to a fabulous "stretch-mark" kitchen paint job?
And I know what you're thinking..."STRETCH-MARK paint job? What the face? Never heard of it. There is no such thing."
Well, intro-seducing the stretch-mark paint job in all it's glory...

BLEH.
No thank you. I choose life....and color. And just to let you know, I am pretty much amazing at using painter's tape. I even bought the blue scotch good kind...cause professionals use it. (If you take a look at the light fixture above the stove you can see proof that I am a professional...and therefore classified in the painter's category that uses the good blue scotch painters professional tape.)Wah-lah. Purdy fancy, right? This is after about 1,000,001 coats of paint and a good scrub with using the old scotch bright pad and my bulging, relief-society arms and biceps. Whoot woo. Fancy. (Editor's Note: If it's super fancy then your allowed to say fancy more than one time per post.) I would also like to point out:
1. the super cute owl cookie jar.
2. the blendtec (registered) blender.
3. the granite counter tops (a nice surprise for a house trailer...upgrade.)
4. Dotti's high chair that folds up.
5. the sink has a sprayer (upgrade).
6. the recipe holder/cork board.
7. AND the new "Paradise Lime" paint job....which is at least 5% better than the stretch mark custom paint job. I also finished the table and chairs, which if you look to the right adds a nice, classy touch to the delightfully decorated kitchen. And what better things to have at the table...
1. cute vintage jar.
2. [Gratitude].
3. and [Celebrate family, friends, and traditions].
4. AND a bar stool for Brody so his grubby little 3 year old, peanut butter covered hands don't get my newly upolstered chairs "kid stained".



5. AND Brody's artwork on the fridgidare.The kitchen is still small and cramped but at least it is aesthetically pleasing...for the most part (minus the weird stove florescent light, the fact that the ceiling is pulling away from the walls, and the "buttons" on the ceiling, the overhead light fixture, AND the $5.99 blinds in the windows...I'll stop now while I'm thinking my kitchen is looking pretty FANCY.)

* Special thanks to Trace for helping me fix my wobbley chairs, falling apart table, AND doing the dishes!

7 comments:

Becca M said...

You are pretty much a professional. It makes me want to buy a trailer and move to Heber to be next door to you so I could copy EVERY SINGLE MOVE YOU MADE...unless you exercise, in which case the copying would cease. Your little home is fantastically cute. I love everything I see.

Tamra and Jim said...

I think it looks pretty much super fancy for sure. You do an awesome job fixing up a piece of junk house trailer! Very clever!

Aunt Tiff said...

Very very cute!! I think you are amazing!!!

amanda.hall said...

You are so talented. I love how the table and chairs turned out. Someday I will live close to you and we can help each other do cute little projects (although I'm not quite sure what I could help you do since I'm not good at much).
Anyway... your awesome. I want to come visit.

Anonymous said...

You are so creative and talented. Love Love Love the table and chairs!!

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I don't think your creative at all!! Seriously...who DOESN"T have lime green walls, banana yellow chairs and a vintage owl in their kitchen?! Doesn't everyone? The only thing creative was having Trace do the dishes...:) haha. Ok...ok...it does look pretty good I have to admit:)Nice job! And I can't believe that is all you put on your counter tops. I have tons of stuff in my counters.

Kristen said...

Ha ha! I laughed so hard at the "what the face?" part. And also, at the Oreo cookie commercial when the lady takes a bite and says "Shut THE front door!"