Tuesday, March 2, 2010

think about it...

Ok, so I have been thinking. Seriously thinking. And this is what I came up with...

Things that I have a love/hate relationship with:

1. Automatic flushing toilets: I love them because I no longer have to try to use my foot to push the flusher down. I hate them because sometimes they flush too soon....sometimes you just gotta re-adjust...right?
2. Auto lock doors on my car: I love them because after pushing the button and no one opens the door, it relocks. A nice anti-theft device, right? I hate them because...say for instance...I'm inside and I need to run outside to the car to get my bag, my ipod, my phone, my backpack, etc. I have to hurry and push unlock 15 (or so) times- just to make sure it is unlocked- and then hurry and race out to the car before the car relocks itself. (Maybe I should just take the keys with me, just incase it relocks...but what's the fun in that?)
3. Cadbury mini eggs: I love them because, lets face it, they are the reason why I look forward to Spring/Easter season. Seriously. The thick candy shell and the delicious chocolate. WOW. I hate them because in 1 serving, which is 7 (a small handful) there are approx 120 calories and 8 grams of fat. Multiply that by 15 (how many servings in a bag...because you all know I will pretty much eat the whole bag)...and I begin to realize that all the weight I've gained thus far may NOT just be "water weight".
4. Daylight Savings time: I love it because that just means one more hour of daylight at the end of the day. I hate it because the alarm says it is 5:30 am...but my mind tells me it is 4:30 am. And that extra hour of sleep is very critical in my life.
5. Clean sheets: Honestly, who doesn't love clean sheets...the smell, the feel, the thought. However, trying to put the fitted sheet on by myself sometimes feels like I'm wrestling two greased down pigs. (Think I haven't done it? Think again.)
6. Bedtime for Brody: I love it because I get to spend so much time with him and then get the reward of some quiet time. However, that kids has to have books upon books read to him, then a made-up story- which usually involves a big bad wolf, a snake, a pig, a turtle, a fish, a pirate, and a balloon...I use my imagination to make them all tie in together somehow, then at least 2 songs sang. By the time I'm done...I am usually ready for bed too.

I have also been thinking lately about bows and ribbons and pink and purple and patterns for little girly blankets. We are having a GIRL. I have also been trying to imagine what a little girl of ours might look like. I look at Brody and try to picture a girl...and it doesn't seem possible. None-the-less, we are having a girl and I'm excited.

I have also been thinking about this funny story. This is, for reals, the funniest story of the week- BY FAR.

So there we were. It was a typical busy Saturday at Costco. Why do we go to Costco on Saturdays is beyond me....yet, we do it every Saturday. Anyway, so we were walking down the isles...picking up a few things here and there. Brody was slightly grumpy so Trace was doing the dad thing and doing silly *things to cheer him up.
*Things such as tripping on purpose, pretending the cart was a race car, making silly faces, AND Brody's favorite: pretending to slam the big, glass refridgeration doors into his face and then stumbling backwards like it hurt really bad.
So I went ahead of them to pick up some tortillas. I told Trace to get some eggs. A few minutes later Trace comes walking up with a HUGE red mark on his face.
This is how the story goes: As he went to open up the glass door that the eggs were behind, he, for some reason, thought the hinges were on the other side and grabbed the door as hard as he could and yanked back on it. The door came flying open...only to collide with his face! It hit him so hard that it knocked his glasses off and left a smudge print (of his face) on the glass. Two girls walking past were lucky enough to witness it all AND laugh at him. I only got to see the after effects...the bump & red mark on his face and the smudgemark on the glass. I, however, still got a really good laugh out of it.

10 comments:

KaNdRa and JaReD said...

I will be the first on here to congradulate you on a GIRL!! That will be very interesting to see what she looks like. I'm sure just as cute as Brody.

Hey Mcfly...I mean Trace, nice going!!hahaha loved the story:))

Wendi said...

oh my goodness i totally just laughed out loud! i can imagine trace completely making a fool of himself. i'm sure he's very good at it. hilarious! and i agree- auto flush toilets aren't as cracked up you'd think they'd be. they scare the pants off poor jill! (well her pants are already off when she hears it flush, but i can only imagine her thinking the toilet is going to suck her down to a deep dark abyss.) and i think you need to come put my clean sheets on my bed, and i will video tape you doing it. i would love to be able to watch that whenever i want. i'm always in need of a good laugh. you and trace never disappoint!

Jessy and Kurt Antonino!!!! said...

Tara that is so funny, but congratulations about having a girl! We miss you here at work.

Jaime Stephens said...

That is hilarious and I like your love hate list it's a good one

A said...

TARA!! I love love love you!! I'm so excited for you to have a little baby girl! She is going to be adorable just like her mother!! Your son is soo cute and is very photgenic! ha ha.
Hope all is well!
Love, Amber Hathaway

Anonymous said...

Did it occur to anyone else reading the "Trace at Costco" story how delightfully reminiscent it is of your Papa Doy tale?! Just wish I had seen it. I wonder if any of the security cameras caught it. Trace, did your eyes water as you pridefully refused to let yourself cry? What was Brody's reaction? I'm still laughing!
MamaT

Tamra and Jim said...

Oh ya, this story is hilarious. I woke up this morning and it was the first thing I thought of and I had another good laugh. OUT LOUD. haha thanks for sharing! Trace, we love you. Thanks for all the entertainment the last few years!

Taralee said...

trace said...
ahhhh ya it was exactly like brody. it seriously daised me. i was like what in the "h e l l double hockey sticks" (micheal from the office) just hit me. it knocked me back hat fell off eyes watered. i finally realized what happened when i heard the two girls laughing at me. so i picked up my hat fixed my glassses as if nothing ever happened.

beau.shaunalee said...

h-i-double hockey sitcks-arious. (okay, so I really know that there is only one l in hilarious.) hahaha. I'm sad for you that you didn't get to see it!

Amanda Griggs said...

Congrats on the little girl! They are so much fun!