It's been a while since I've done a "Blast from the Past"...so I thought I would dig through the old photo graph box and dig out a few. And since it is Trace's birthday month...I decided to post a few on his behalf.
This is the BIG two. "Oh cool, FIRE!" (I really don't know what he is thinking, but that's just my imagination working.)
I'm pretty sure if I'm counting correctly this is the "4" birthday. I love the old school decorations.
Now this one, I'm going to say #18, is when you start to realize that the actual number candles come in pretty handy. The cake is ablaze! Oh, and I also had to take a double look at this picture. It appears that they may be doing one of two things....ONE: being that they are sucking the iceing off the end candle, or TWO: Pretending to smoke a doobie! We'll let you decide. hmmmm....
And as I was digging through the box, I came across this one. I was going to save it for another day, but I couldn't. It made me laugh so hard. I call this one Duct tape and bunny ears. (And yes, it is so good that it gets a name!!) I was, however, tempted to ask where the adult supervision was? But then I start thinking...hmmm...and came up with this scenerio: Mom and Dad are out on a Friday night date. They deserved to get away for a night, after all they have like 9 kids at this point. The parents are gone so the kids are free to do as they choose for the next few hours. What to do, what to do? The older brothers spot a roll of duct tape. Now to me, I think, "Duct tape...adhesive, fixer up-er, the broken toy cure-all, and maybe a silencer...but only in the worst case senerios." Never have I thought to use duct tape, the miracle worker, as a means of bondage. The little Porter boys, however, did....and I have proof....And with that, ENJOY this weeks BLAST FROM THE PAST. And that's the way the cookie crumbles...uh huh, uh huh, uh huh!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
Blast from the past...
Posted by
Taralee
at
7:40 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
cute pics.. love the duct tape one.. haha.. i'm thinking i'll see many experiences like that. i've heard a few stories from timmy about what happens to little bros when the parents are gone.. and you have a boy too, what have we gotten ourselves into?! ha ha
HEy, It has been a while but wanted to wish Trace a happy birthday! I remembered it but didnt get around to posting. Also, with the Shaq trade. I was really mad at first not so much that we were getting Shaq although I wasnt a big fan but I was mad that they got rid of Marion. I think they have struggled without him the past few games, but I think that once Shaq comes in he will be our only hope in getting a ring. It will be interesting! Brody is too cute! I love the army crawl, it is very entertaining!
happy belated birthday Trace! brody is so cute and getting so big so fast! It is amazing how fast they grow up. Taya is saying sentences now!! oh boy!
Man....they haven't changed much have they? Fun stuff!
Brody is getting around really well too! It seems like once they are mobile, they are not babies anymore.
haha you are very funny.. I love all the family support going on in the bday pictures the 1st one everyone is really wanting to help blow the candles out. We miss you guys!
One might entertain the thought that perhaps the mother did the duct taping and the brothers and cousins are rescuing the poor child.
I can relate with anonymous. I would have given ten bucks for a role of duct tape while playing Sequence with the bday boy. Ha.
Sorry, I stalk your blog a little and the above comments made me laugh so hard!!! Funny pictures!
hey tara, i'm wanting to change my template.. to something cute, maybe a custom one.. can you help me?
Post a Comment